BC LIONS 12 PLAYS OF GIVEAWAYS RULES & REGULATIONS
BC LIONS 12 PLAYS OF GIVEAWAYS RULES & REGULATIONS
(Nov 26 – Dec 7 2018)
- Eligibility: The BC Lions 12 PLAYS OF GIVEAWAYS 2019 Season Ticket Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to those who purchase a 2019 BC Lions Season Ticket. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of British Columbia, Canada (excl. Quebec). Employees of the BC Lions Football Club, (the “BC Lions”) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the BC Lions Football Club as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted starting on or about October 15th 2018 until the December 7th 2018 at 12:00 PST. All entries must be received by 12:00PM PST.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by either purchasing a 2019 BC Lions Season Ticket OR by mailing a handwritten essay, in 500 words or more, about the history BC Lions Football Club to: ATTN: BC Lions 12 PLAYS OF GIVEAWAYS, BC Lions Football Club, 10605 City Parkway, Surrey BC, V3T 4C8). Essay entries must include the entrant’s full name, mailing address, email address, phone number and birthdate. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the BC Lions Football Club. You may enter only once and you must provide all the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the BC Lions Football Club. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Prizes: Winners will receive varying prizes as outlined below. ALL PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO THE WINNERS AT THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE 2019 SEASON. Actual value may differ at time of prize award. The prizes shown in the marketing collateral and as advertised may not be exactly as those prizes awarded. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the BC Lions. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at BC Lions’ discretion. The prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all Federal, Provincial, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for BC Lions Football Club to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Prize list (may be amended at anytime at the discretion of the BC Lions):
- 1 winner will receive a 12 person suite for a game in 2019 (Light snacks and refreshments provided and additional food and beverage may be purchased by the suite holder)
- 11 winners will receive 1 BC Lions hoodie
- 10 winners will receive 1 2019 team autographed football
- 9 winners will receive 1 toque and 1 scarf
- 8 winners will receive 1 t-shirt and 1 hat
- 7 winners will receive 1 Wally Buono autographed bobblehead
- 6 winners will receive 1 2019 team signed football helmet
- 5 winners will receive 1 2019 autographed authentic jersey
- 1 winner will receive 4 tickets to the 2019 Orange Helmet Awards
- 3 winners will receive their 2019 season tickets free (taxes, and fees, road and playoff games not included)
- 2 winners will each receive 1 trip for 2 on a BC Lions road trip to a west rival city (Edmonton, Calgary or Saskatchewan). BC Lions will determine which trip. Prize will include round-trip airfare on the BC Lions Charter, plus bus transfers to the stadium, hotel accommodations and a ticket per person to the game. Baggage fees (if applicable), and meal expenses not included. If one traveler is a minor, the minor must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- 1 winner will receive 1 trip for 2 to the 2019 Grey Cup in Calgary. Prize includes 2 round-trip airfare tickets, 2 tickets to the Grey Cup game, and 3 nights hotel accommodation in Calgary. Prize does not include transfers, baggage fees or meal expenses. If one traveler is a minor, the minor must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and timing of entry.
- Winner selection and notification: Each day from November 26th to December 7th, winners from eligible entries received in the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes. BC Lions Football Club shall have no liability for a Winners’ failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to confirm their chance to win a prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, finalist opportunity may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. A minimum of one winner will be drawn per day during the contest period Nov 26, to Dec 7 2018.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all Federal and Provincial laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT BC LIONS’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that BC Lions Football Club, anyone acting on behalf of BC Lions Football Club, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: BC Lions Football Club reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, BC Lions Football Club may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by BC Lions Football Club. BC Lions Football Club reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
BC Lions Football Club has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, BC Lions Football Club reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from BC Lions Football Club. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless BC Lions Football Club and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada AND British Columbia. WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in British Columbia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- 13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: BC Lions Football Club, 10605 City Parkway, Surrey BC, V3T 4C8 Canada Requests must be received no later than December 7th, 2018.