BC LIONS FOOTBALL CLUB
Manager, Events (15th Month Contract | October 1st 2023 – December 31st 2024)
Reports To Executive Director
Reporting to the Executive Director, Grey Cup, the Manager, Events role centers around leading all Grey Cup Festival Ancillary Events. This role requires the ability to lead in several key areas such as venue operations, production, supplier management, and information technology planning amongst other essential event requirements.
Position Key Responsibilities
- Serve as the lead for all Grey Cup Festival Events including but not limited to:
- Grey Cup Gala Dinner
- Grey Cup Concert
- Grey Cup Kick off Party.
- CFL Award Show
- The Lion’s Den (Team Party Room)
- Indoor Tailgate Event
- Outdoor Tailgate Event
- Backyard Street Party
- Oversee all Event Operations & Logistics for listed events.
- Work with the Executive Director to build a framework of goals and expectations for all events.
- Create production schedules, timelines, event specs and other event planning material.
- Work closely with the Ticketing Department on the event build, venue configuration and other ticketing matters.
- Develop and oversee the event Accreditation program.
- Manage information technology requirements for all events.
- Manage Event Suppliers & Contractors
- Manage F&B requirements for all events.
- Manage Equipment Procurement
- Manage Entertainment Management
- Assist with Signage Program Management.
- Manage event budget and finance in key assigned areas.
- Deliver a first-class event and ensure all stakeholders have the best experience.
- Daily contribution to different tasks assigned by the Director and support to other staff members.
- Maintain up to date plan of actions and follow-ups.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Events specific)
- A degree or Diploma in Sports Administration or Event Management is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of international events and championships
- Project Management skills are recommended.
- Strong knowledge of the local event landscape
- The ability to work in a team environment is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and objectives
- Proficient communication skills, excellent writing and editing skills; ability to use a broad range of communication techniques to effectively communicate to varying audiences in a variety of situations.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to balance conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects and meet deadlines.
- High level of integrity; earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Programs, Outlook, and the ability to quickly adapt to new technology and easily acquire new technical skills.
- Ability to work staggered hours, evenings, and weekends as necessary.
- Travel as required.
Qualified Candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
*A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required of all positions