Careers: Manager, Game Operations & Events
BC LIONS FOOTBALL CLUB
Position Title: Manager, Game Operations & Events
Position Type: Full-Time Employment
Immediate Supervisor: Director, Marketing
The BC Lions Football Club is seeking a highly motivated and creative self-starter for the position of Game Operations & Events Manager, responsible for all BC Lions football games and events. Must be able to create first-class entertainment features to ensure partner fulfillment and fan enjoyment. The candidate will possess a passion for sports, particularly football, with an unparalleled work ethic and the desire to be the best.
Key Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Responsible for all aspects of “Game Day” presentation and fan interaction inside and outside the stadium.
- Creates first-class entertainment features to ensure Lions fulfillment and fan enjoyment.
- Devise new and creative in-game and in-stadium entertainment, including on- field promotions, video pieces, fan interactive elements, mascot skits, pregame & halftime shows, etc.
- Deliver projects within or below established budgets.
- Utilizes the newest technologies to create entertainment features that become best in class.
- Integrate outside talent and props, stadium technology, and company assets such as the BC Lions Felions Dance Team and mascot(s) into a cohesive well-choreographed entertainment package.
- Participates in the logistics of non-game related events i.e., season ticket holder events, fan festivals, community events, Training Camp, etc.
- Scripts event logs, graphics, message boards, in-stadium production and promotional scripts.
- Provides guidance to the Game Presentation Team for the coordination of auditions and supervises live entertainment programs (anthem singer, entertainers).
- Develops and manages the department’s business plan and budget.
- Hire and supervise full-time staff and departmental interns and manage their workflow as well as game day volunteers.
- Work in conjunction with the in-stadium broadcast department, as well as host broadcaster TSN to provide the best game day fan experience with synergies to a national television audience.
- Manage relationships with vendors and suppliers including talent agencies, sound and video suppliers, prop suppliers and manufacturers, etc.
- Manage game day event staff including PA Announcer, Dance Team, Mascot, Sound Engineer, DJ, Emcees, Performance Teams, On-Field Promo Crew, Game Night Staff etc.
- Conceptualize and develop promotional calendar including special events, theme nights and giveaways in conjunction with marketing, ticket sales, corporate partnerships and community relations.
- Work in conjunction with corporate partnerships to develop creative in-game and destination area entertainment to satisfy partner and organization goals.
- Interact with all departments to contribute to the development and implementation of marketing and sales campaigns through in stadium promotion.
- Oversee game day event script and rundown. Conduct production meetings and pre-production load-ins with technical crew.
- Recruit, manage, supervise, motivate and provide leadership to direct reports through performance management, training, coaching and development.
General knowledge and job requirements:
The individual in this position is expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Proven ability to manage live show production under pressure; preference for sports entertainment production
- Proven ability to innovate and lead team in the development of premier entertainment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive but be able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to take direction without follow up
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for whom you have no direct supervisory authority
- Building or venue experience preferred
- New Media and Digital experience preferred
- Participative collaborative style advocating team concepts and integration of activity across all departments
- Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department
- Must be technically proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- GameTime Pro experience preferred
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption
- Capable and willing to work extended hours such as nights, weekends, overtime, and on-call as necessary.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required in a related field; 3 – 5 years of hands-on experience required or equivalent experience accepted; strong preference for experience in the sports industry, preferably with knowledge and experience in football.
Please forward a cover letter and resume by January 31, 2018 to: email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your interest, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.