The BC Lions Dance Team is looking for talented dancers to join our Choreographed Dance Team! Dancers will perform for the judges and have an opportunity to show off extra tumbling or gymnastic skills (optional). You’re welcome to come in with something short prepared.
Choreographed Dance Team Auditions
Date: Sunday, March 20th, 2022
Registration Opens: March 1st, 2022
Location: Sprial Dance, 1471 Stayte Road, White Rock BC V4B 4Z3
Date: Monday, March 21st, 2022
Time: By Appointment
Location: BC Lions Training Facility, 10605 City Parkway, Surrey, BC
- Registration is now CLOSED!
- In order to audition, dancers must have graduated high school and be over the age of 19 as of June 3rd, 2022.
- Choreographed dance team members must have a minimum of 7 years dance training.
- When you arrive at auditions, proceed to the registration tables for check-in. You will be given a consent form to fill out and will be asked to provide a $15.00 non-refundable application fee for registration. Once the form has been filled out, please return it to the registration desk and provide a 4”x6” or larger COLOUR photo of yourself.
- You must wear athletic gear and athletic shoes. Anyone not wearing the required attire will be asked to change.
- Dancers should have make-up and hair styled as if you were performing at the stadium on game day.
- It is expected that you will be in good physical condition and that you have a high level of dance experience.
- Dancers are not restricted by gender. All welcome.
- Most importantly, come with a positive attitude, work hard, and have fun!
Choreographed Dance Team judging criteria:
- Showmanship & crowd appeal (personality projection, enthusiasm, energy)
- Interviews (finalists only)
How many people audition for the Dance Team?
Approximately 100 to 150 candidates will audition to fill 40 final game day positions. Previous Dance Team members are required to audition for the 2022 season in order to make the team. You must attend the tryouts on Sunday, March 20th for an opportunity to make the team as no further tryouts will take place.
What type of time commitment is involved if I make the team?
Being a BC Lions Dance Team member is a large commitment for nine months. The Choreographed Dance Team rehearses every Sunday from 6-9 pm starting March 27th until the Grey Cup.
All dancers will be required to perform at the BC Lions pre-season game and all nine BC Lions regular-season home games, as well as one potential home playoff game.
Members of the BC Lions Dance Team also attend more than 200 corporate, charity and community events per calendar year as the face of the BC Lions Football Organization.
Do the Dance Team members get paid?
Yes, Dance Team members are paid per game and for appearances.
Dancers also receive two 2022 BC Lions season tickets and are provided with numerous sponsored services such as gym memberships, tanning, clothing discounts and hairstyling.