Retail Associate, Fanatics
8100 Nation’s Way. Jacksonville, Florida 32256
Title: Retail Associate
Department: In-Venue/ Flagship Retail
FLSA: Non -Exempt
Reports to: Lead/Assistant Manager/ General Manager
As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, Fanatics is changing the way fans purchase their favorite team merchandise by partnering with top leagues, clubs and soccer brands worldwide to offer the largest collection of timeless and timely gear from every pro and college team online, on your phone, in stadiums or onsite at the world’s biggest sporting events. A top 50 Internet Retailer Company, Fanatics comprises the broadest online assortment by offering hundreds of thousands of officially licensed items via its Fanatics(www.fanatics.com), FansEdge (www.fansedge.com) and Kitbag (www.kitbag.com) brands, as well as the largest selection of sports collectables and memorabilia through Fanatics Authentic (www.fanaticsauthentic.com).
A multi-channel company, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). The company’s in-venue and event retail portfolio include the NBA, NHL, Wimbledon, Kentucky Derby, The Ryder Cup, Manchester City, Texas Longhorns, Pittsburgh Pirates and New Jersey Devils, allowing fans to experience a seamless shopping experience across online, mobile and physical store locations.
The Retail Associate is responsible for carrying out the front line selling effort, driving sales revenue for the organization, creating the ultimate shopping experience for our fans and maintaining retail standards through back of house operations. Retail Associates will drive results through effective communication and a demonstrated ability to work as a member of a winning team.
The Retail Associate will be expected to work a part-time schedule which can include days, nights, and weekends.
General Duties and Responsibilities : Greet fans and ask questions to help make their shopping experience an enjoyable one
- Make recommendations based on observations and conversations with fans
- Help execute a brand connection by ensuring fans enjoy a top-notch shopping experience
- Maintain sales floor and/or stockroom standards with an eye to detail
- Process sales transactions via the Fanatics Point of Sale System (POS)
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism and customer service to ensure the Fanatics Brand and Team/League are always positively represented
- Perform additional responsibilities as directed by the management team
- Education, Experience and Requirements
- Minimum 18 years of age, High School graduate or equivalent
- Past experience working in retail or sales preferred
- Ability to work independently and responsibly in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work extended hours on game days and during events
- Foreign language skills are a plus
- Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess a fun, professional demeanour Demonstrated ability to build product knowledge of Team/League inventory
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in fast-paced environments, servicing a diverse fan base
- 8100 Nation’s Way. Jacksonville, Florida 32256
- Ability to maintain high standards of organization and cleanness
- Proven ability to overcome obstacles while maintaining a positive, can do attitude
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Physical Demands: Regularly required to sit stand, reach, bend and move about the facility as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Game Day scheduling may have exposure to various weather elements
Those interested in applying can send a resume and cover letter to: MStrange@fanatics.com.