Expect Respect & A Safe Education
Team Up to End Racism is a program focused on confronting racism and embracing diversity and inclusion in British Columbia. The BC Lions Football Club has partnered with the Provincial Government, alongside presenting sponsors Beedie and RBC, and supporting sponsor Snowcrest to implement a program built around four pillars. The pillars will focus on educating and informing our youth, as well as, BC Lion fans and the general public about embracing a diverse society that fosters inclusiveness, understanding and mutual respect.
The Team Up to End Racism program elements are as follows:
- School Program – The program will connect with youth throughout British Columbia as part of a school program with presentations throughout the province
- Team Up to End Racism is a program in partnership with the BC Lions and the Ministry of Education to emphasize the role everyone can play in promoting inclusiveness, understanding, and creating more respectful, peaceful schools and communities.
- The 60-minute presentation can be delivered in person or virtually and utilizes BC Lions player presenters to highlight the problem of racism in our community.
- The program also outlines actions students can take to be part of the solution.
- Player/Alumni Ambassadors – Team Up to End Racism will utilize well-known BC Lion Players and Alumni as ambassadors for the campaign
- Resources and Education – The program will connect with BC Lions fans, youth, and the community to promote awareness of Provincial Government resources
- Awareness and Proactive Messaging – The program will promote the Team Up to End Racism messaging to BC Lions fans, youth, and the general public; in-stadium, online, and in the community.
“We’re very passionate about partnering with the BC Lions on Team Up to End Racism. As a company, Beedie is always looking for innovative ways to support our team and BC community, and we’re committed to fostering diversity and inclusion in workplaces, clubs, schools, and neighbourhoods across Canada. We need to actively work together as a community to better address systemic racism and build a better way forward.”
– Ryan Beedie, President of Beedie
Schools must be safe and welcoming places for all students, families and staff. We are pleased to partner with the BC Lions and welcome another resource in schools to stamp out racism and to be active participants in the global efforts to end systemic racism.”
– Former Education Minister Jennifer Whiteside
If you are interested in hosting a Team Up To End Racism presentation, please fill out the form below or contact Brittany Sundher at 604 916-3365