BC LIONS FOOTBALL CLUB
Account Executive, Sales & Fan Services
LOOKING TO BREAK INTO PROFESSIONAL SPORTS? THEN JOIN THE BC LIONS TICKET SALES TEAM!
The BC Lions Football Club is looking for highly energetic, driven, and motivated individuals who have a passion for sports and are willing to learn the ticket sales & service process for the position of Account Executive, Sales & Fan Services. The primary functions of this position are to generate new revenue through ticket sales as well as to renew, service, and maximize revenue from existing season ticket accounts.
As a member of our hard working Ticket Team you will:
- Participate in our Sales Training Program; BC Lions Training Camp
- Help grow our Fan base by identifying and facilitating new ticket sales
- Generate ticket sales revenue through lead generation and qualifying prospects
- Generate contacts through both inside and outside sales networking opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships through excellent customer service
- Renew assigned season ticket accounts and increase revenue year over year
- Meet or exceed personal and team new sales & renewal revenue targets
- Handle incoming complaints and rectify in a timely manner
- Answer and maintain customer service (ROAR Line) phone number
- Assist with Game day duties, as required
- Maintain computerized records of all clients and prospects via ticketing software; and,
- Provide support during special events and promotions, as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Professional attitude
- Desire to work in sports
- Excellent command of the English language, with superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Outstanding telephone skills exemplifying enthusiasm, confidence, & excitement
- Ability to work well on a team and independently
- Ability to develop a conversation into a sale
- Ability to handle objections and explore deeper to get to the underlying issue
- Strong time-management and organizational skills (multi-tasking a must!)
- Self-motivated with a positive friendly attitude
- Knowledge of CRM (Salesforce) and Archtics is preferred.
- Grade 12 required; diploma or degree an asset
- Because working during games and special events is expected, the individual must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
HOW MUCH WILL YOU MAKE?
You’ll make a base salary plus commissions. Total compensation will range between $36,000 to $50,000+/year depending on sales volume. We would like for you to make at least 30% more in your second season and another 30% in your third season.
Please do NOT apply for this position if:
- You do not have a desire to work in sports
- You do not have a passion for sales
- You do not enjoy cold calling
- You do not have high energy
- You are not motivated to be #1
If you are ready to work for British Columbia’s most successful professional sports organization with six Grey Cup titles, have strong communication skills, solid work ethic, and a desire to excel then please send resume and cover letter to Dave MacLean: DMacLean@BCLions.com.
*No phone calls please.