Matt Baker, Manager of Communications and Content
Office: (604) 930-5939, Cell: (778) 873-7605 or firstname.lastname@example.org
10605 – City Parkway, Surrey BC, V3T 4C8
Carolyn Cody, Director of Business Operations and Marketing
Office: (604) 634-1183, Cell: (778) 871-5696 or email@example.com
10605 – City Parkway, Surrey BC, V3T 4C8
Download the MEDIA CREDENTIAL REQUEST form HERE (use Adobe Reader)
UPDATED 2021 CFL MEDIA POLICY
**Due to COVID-19, many of the media policies for the 2021 CFL season have changed:
Please note, due to limited space, only a certain amount of season credentials will be granted for the 2021 season. The deadline to submit season credential requests is Friday, July 30th.
Media access to BC Lions games will be issued prior to the start of the season to all major local media outlets and individuals who regularly cover the club. Members of the media who have not received season passes can apply on a game-by-game basis by contacting the communications staff at least 10 days prior to game day.
Credentials are issued to individuals and are not transferable. Credentials are to be used for the purpose for which they are issued, with no exceptions. Failure to comply with this policy will result in ejection from BC Place and a ban on future access to Lions home games.
Note: The BC Lions Football Club does not provide accreditation to image gathering services or freelance photographers. All image requests can be forwarded to the coordinates above.
PICK-UP – Single game media credentials can be picked up at reception at the BC Lions Practice Facility. Passes can also be picked up at BC Place on game day at will-call located at GATE H.
Credential requests will not be accepted on game day.
The media box at BC Place is located on Level 2 and is accessible from the NEW media access at Gate H.
Game Notes: Game notes, rosters, media guides, weekly statistics, and game day programs will be sent via email prior to game day and available digitally.
Statistics: Individual and team statistics will be updated at halftime and post-game. Updated play-by-play reports will be provided after each quarter. Half-time statistics are distributed early in the third quarter, while final statistics are distributed approximately 15-20 minutes following a game. Final statistical packages will also be provided in the media box following each game.
**All post-game media availability will be done virtually in 2021.
‘DAY BEFORE’ MEDIA CONFERENCE – Virtual
A mixture of head coach, players, coordinators and assistant coaches will be made available either via Zoom video conferencing or socially distant in person following each practice. A lineup of expected interview participants will be provided in advance every several days and can be adjusted at the club’s discretion.
Individual requests for telephone/Zoom interviews will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and must be made to a PR representative at least 24 hours prior.
Due to space and access limitations, reporter participation during post-practice Zoom video conferences will need to be executed from a media member’s car at the facility or from another location outside facility grounds.
No building access during interview availability will be granted at any point.
Game notes, statistics packages and other material will be supplied at this time via email.
Day-Before visiting team media availability
The Club will make four players and the Head Coach available to media via Zoom on day three (two days before the game). Best efforts will be made for this to coincide with the BC Lions team timing, making it shortly after their availability.
GAME DAY ACCESS
All media members must wear a face covering at all times when inside the stadium. This includes the stadium concourse, press box and seating bowl.
Entrance to the stadium will take place through the assigned entry at GATE H and will be permitted 75 minutes prior to kick off. Media will be responsible to complete the daily self-screening symptoms check and will have their temperature taken upon entry to the stadium.
Members of the media will need to be patient upon entry and follow all physical distancing measures at the gate. Temperature check will be completed by Game Day staff, if member of the media has a temperature over 37.9 or has symptoms they will not be allowed in the stadium.
- Upon entry, media will have a specific pathway provided to the press box area.
- The press box will be arranged to provide greater spacing between seats for accredited media, ensuring compliance with local and provincial guidelines on physical distancing. PPE must be worn at all times and media will be directed to go to their seat upon entry.
- The BC Lions will determine weekly the number of individuals who have access to the press box, based on compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Media MUST remain in their assigned seats during the duration of the game, unless using the restrooms.
- Media meals will not be provided in 2021. Light snacks and refreshments will be available.
- Sideline reporters of any type (TV network, club radio are not permitted to have field access. They will perform their gameday role from Zone 2 areas.
Post-Game Access, Game Day
- There will be no general post-game open locker room session. After a reasonable waiting period, defined as 10-12 minutes maximum after the completion of the game and the players have entered the locker room, post-game interviews will begin. All head coach and player interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
- Prior to the start of these post-game interviews, each team will send a Zoom link to reporters covering the game. All accredited TV stations that regularly cover both teams will be granted the ability to record these interviews via Zoom.
FACILITY ARRIVAL & PRACTICE ACCESS
Media members must wear a face covering at all times when on the facility’s grounds.
Arrival to the facility should occur no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of practice. Each media member is required to complete CFL self-screening questionnaire prior to entering the facility.
Upon arrival, media members will be required to have their temperature checked at the point of entry. If a temperature exceeds 37.9C, access will not be granted that day. Media must exit the building the same way they entered.
Media will be assigned an area to sit during practice. During practice, media members are required to remain in a physically distanced (2m) manner from other reporters. All media will need to stay in the properly designated areas throughout the duration of practice.
For photographers and camera personnel, video and photos must be taken from a designated area. Video and photography can only be taken during designated times at practice.
Media must remain in their assigned area until the duration of practice has been completed.