In 2003, Purolator employees launched the grassroots “Purolator Tackle Hunger” initiative – a program that’s all about people helping people. Over the past 19 years, this program has raised more than 18 million pounds of food to help those in need across Canada, thanks to people like you. Today families in need face a new challenge as the world adjusts to COVID-19. More help is needed now than ever.
In 2019, Purolator Tackle Hunger Week became Purolator Tackle Hunger Month. Throughout the month of June, Purolator employees work with their partners and customers to raise awareness and donations to help alleviate food insecurity across the country.
Since 2019, Purolator has been bringing the food drive directly to our communities’ doorstep through our Red Bag Food Drive Campaigns – Our volunteer team has distributed tens of thousands of reusable red canvas bags to the front steps of Canadians, and days later our volunteers return to pick up the bags full of donated food items to support the community’s local food bank.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Food bank visits have increased by over 20 percent since 2019
- One-third of food bank clients are children
- A volatile combination of rising food prices, housing costs, and low incomes has created a “perfect storm” that is driving up the number of visits to food banks
- 1 in 8 Canadian households are food insecure
- For every $1 we raise is roughly equivalent to $3 in terms of their buying power
- The Surrey Food Bank serves over 14,000 people a month in Surrey & North Delta
- The Greater Vancouver Foodbank serves over 26,500 people weekly
WE INVITE YOU TO HELP BY:
- This season, CFL fans attending a “CFL Purolator Tackle Hunger Game Day” are encouraged to make a monetary donation or bring non-perishable food items at the Purolator Game Day activation booth.
- By attending a CFL Purolator Tackle Hunger Game Day, fans are supporting more than just their favourite team as every donation directly supports members of a local community struggling with food insecurity.
- With the help of the CFL, its member teams and fellow Canadians like you, we’ve been able to raise over 18 million pounds of food through the Purolator Tackle Hunger Program.
- Let’s keep the momentum going. The need now is greater than ever!
- Visit HERE to donate now.
- No donation is too small.
We encourage you to donate food when possible, but cash donations provide double buying power.