In 2003, Purolator employees launched the grassroots “Purolator Tackle Hunger” initiative – a program that’s all about people helping people. Today families in need face a new challenge as the world adjusts to COVID-19. More help is needed now than ever.
Purolator works closely with groups across Canada every year raising awareness and donations to help address the issue of hunger across Canada. These initiatives include local food drives and events like stadium sized CFL games.
We encourage you to donate food when possible, but cash donations provide double buying power.
Over the past 17 years, this program has raised more than 13 million pounds of food to help those in need across Canada, thanks to people like you.
In 2020, we are tackling hunger even earlier as a result of the impact that COVID-19 has had on Canadians< with limited access to food.
Did you know
- 1 in 8 Canadian households are food insecure?
- For every $1 we raise is roughly equivalent to $3 in terms of their buying power?
- The Surrey Food Bank serves over 14,000 people a month in Surrey & North Delta?
- The Greater Vancouver Foodbank serves over 26,500 people weekly?
- Share the message of #TackleHunger on social media;
- Reach out to PTH@cfl.ca to share your stories of local unsung heroes in your community;
- Make a monetary donation to Food Banks Canada to help feed those in need; no donation is too small.
Thank you, CFL fans. Together, we can make a difference. A $1 donation becomes 2 meals. No donation is too small.